Thursday, May 10, 2012

Finished!





I have finally finished my colorful Granny Stripes crochet blanket for baby girl's nursery!

I used this Granny Stripes pattern from Lucy over at Attic 24.
And then I edged the blanket with Lucy's bobble shell edging.











Here is a picture of most of the blanket. Blanket is being modeled on my son's crib. We don't have baby girl's nursery ready at all. It is actually still a guest bedroom. That will be changing soon however!

I used almost all Lion Brand yarns for this blanket. When making baby blankets I find it essential to use acrylic  yarn so that you can easily wash the blanket. Lion Brand Vanna's Choice and Vanna's Choice Baby are my personal favorites. Here is the full list:

Lion Brand Vanna's Choice:
Terracotta
Magenta
Cranberry
Colonial Blue
Scarlet
Fern
Mustard

Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Baby:
Aqua
Little Boy Blue
Pink Poodle

Lion Brand Jamie: 
(this yarn is a slightly lighter weight than the Vanna's Choice, but I thought it worked in just fine)
Lullaby Pink
Little Boy Blue
Powder Pink
Peachy

Loops&Threads Impeccable:
Aqua
Soft Fern (this is the edging color)

I only bought one skein of each color, and did not even use any of them up completely! Because of this I am now working on a scrappy zig zag blanket in the left over skeins of yarn. :)






Here is the blanket next to another project that has been completed for baby girl's rocking chair. Pine Hill Forest Embroidery Expert (who I refer to as mom) created this one of a kind pillow by free form embroidering the bird and flowers on the front. Then we added patch work squares around the embroider panel, and stripes of the same fabric for the back. I LOVE the way it came out. 

The fabric matches the one other project we've worked on so far:







Can you tell what this is? 
Baby Girl's handmade mobile! We went with an elephant and flower theme and I just love it. Her humidifier is in the shape of an elephant (daddy's choice) so we thought it would be fun to continue the elephant theme in her mobile.






More pictures once we have the nursery all set up!
There is a handmade crib skirt in the works, hand made curtains, one of a kind water color paintings which need framed and hung, and a couple embroidered hoops to hang along with the paintings.

2 comments:

  1. This blanket is AWESOME! Love it! I have loved having my rainbow granny stripe to snuggle under - it's so handy and warm and adds bright to winter days.

    I'm loving these little glimpses of your nursery as it comes together. Can't wait to see more. Love the soft pastel colours and the themes coming out.

    So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is definitely a mix of soft pastels and brights. The curtains will be full panels made with bright yellow and white chevron fabric!

      Delete