Thursday, May 31, 2012

Nursery Update - The Crib





 I have finally finished getting everything ready for little lady's crib!


Her crib is actually her big brother's crib handed down. He ended up getting a brand new crib because it converts into a toddler bed (which came with the rail, woo!) which he is going to need at some point in the future before little lady. Plus I always thought this crib was a bit on the girly side and think it looks much better set up for her.






The crib sheet is Lullaby Breeze by Jill McDonald. I found it at Babies R Us and knew it would be a perfect fit! I also found a second sheet at Land of Nod on clearance. It's called Wooden Shoes crib bedding and I picked up the Wooden Shoes fitted sheet (which is actually tulips and not shoes). 






Then I enlisted Pine Hill Forest in the crafting of an owl pillow. For now it sits in little lady's crib, but eventually it will go in her rocking chair. We used a pattern from the book All Sewn Up by Chloe Owens. This book has a million great patterns by the way! I'll be doing some tea towels on my next trip home :)

We picked fabric which has already been used in other projects in little lady's room and I think it is a perfect fit.







Last but not least was making a custom crib skirt for little lady's crib. I knew I wanted a ruffly girly crib skirt but was not finding the colors and patterns that I was envisioning. So I hauled out our sons old crib skirt and once again asked Miss Pine Hill Forest if she would be willing to take on the task of sewing a custom ruffled crib skirt. We used this Ruffled Crib Skirt Tutorial from Positively Splendid to give us an idea of how one might go about constructing a ruffle crib skirt, and then set out on our own. We picked up about a yard and a half of each of the three fabrics and then attached each ruffle layer to my son's skirting. To save a bit of money we only ruffled the sides and front as you never see the back of the crib anyway. For less than $30.00 I think it came out fantastic!



For now little lady's crib sits in our room, but when the day comes to move her down to her own room she is going to be in the sweetest little nursery fit for a princess!





2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is too cute! That ruffle skirt is AWESOME! Love that plaid!

    Sometimes, like this, I wish we knew the sex so I could have gone girlie if needed - but oh well, on the next one ;)

    I can't wait to see more - it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! There is much much more to show, but we can't move the guest bed out of her room until July, so it will be at least a month before the next reveal :)

    ReplyDelete