Monday, June 4, 2012

Little Lady Update

With my third trimester practically here I realized I need to get my butt in gear and tie up a few loose ends.   The major things are in place, bottles, a place to sleep, etc. but she still has no nursery (still a guest room!) and she didn't have her coming home outfit!

That last thing might not seem like a really big deal, but little lady is our final baby and I want her to have a special outfit just like her older brother had. Anytime we are among baby clothes I have looked for that special something but nothing seemed like a perfect fit. With her being born at the end of August/beginning of September I needed an outfit that would be cool and comfy for the ride home, but still keep her delicate skin covered and protected from the car seat straps.


And then I found it:


Picot Trimmed One Piece - Baby Gap

4-Pack Floral and Polka Dot Receiving Blankets - Carter's (I actually purchased my set from 
babies r us but couldn't find them on their website)




This little outfit meets every requirement I was looking for:
1) It's cute. I love the yellow and little ducks and sheep mixed in with the flowers and trees. So many newborn outfits are light blue or light pink. I like that this is girly without being all pink.
2) It's a light weight cotton so cool enough for late summer when it will likely still be very out hot.
3) Short sleeves! Most one piece sleepers are long sleeved which I thought might be too warm for her especially on her car ride home. These puff sleeves are super girly and cute, but will still protect her delicate skin from the carseat straps.




I also happen to think the outfit looks quite nice paired with the 4pack of receiving blankets we picked out for little lady (especially the green floral on the bottom). Our hospital does really nice photos of your baby while you're there and we weren't prepared with anything other than a white hospital onesie when our son was born. Thankfully after a bit of digging I found one of his woodland themed receiving blankets which was the perfect backdrop for pictures in a little white onesie. 


This time I am coming prepared with matching outfit and onesie for her hospital shots! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my - too cute. That's awesome! I too have been trying to put together that perfect coming home outfit. I had just got the cardigan sorted when my Mum confessed she still has the outfit she brought my brother and I home in so now I have *the* perfect 35 year old hand crocheted outfit. I think it's going to be a hoot to see our kid in an outfit that I wore at some stage.

    Good tip about the photos too - I wonder if they do it at our hospital. Will pack some nice blankets just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet little gnome will look adorable in the crocheted outfit your mom has saved!
    And yes, do pack some blankets and what not for just in case with pictures. I always thought hospital pictures were weird and ugly, but we had a professional photographer staffed by the hospital come in and do the most beautiful shots of our son! And thankfully you can't tell that he is wearing the hospital onesie (it had the hospital name blasted across the chest) :)

    ReplyDelete